The Borderbend Arts Collective presented an Interfaith Concert for Peace at The Chicago Temple on Sunday, March 16, 2008. The program included the following --
There was a free will offering; proceeds benefited the Interfaith Refugee and Immigration Ministries and Shanti Foundation for Peace.
- The Chicago Temple Handbell Ensemble, Al Nogoum, and Sonic Healing Ministries’ Music Collective performed.
- Buddhist monks from Wat Dhammaram read verses of the Dhammapada and gave blessing chants.
- The Pan-African Junior Dance Troupe and The Interfaith All Stars Dance Troupe performed.
- “Four Poets Engage the Divine” – Nina Corwin, Judy Valente, Kent Foreman, and Larry Janowski
- Images from Snow City Arts Foundations’ Saving Ourselves exhibit were shown.
- performance art piece entitled "Living Sculptures”
- performance of Pauline Oliveros’ composition entitled “The Heart Chant"
|File Size: ||196 kb|
|File Type: || pdf|